Tuesday, November 1, 2011

We're officially "Locals" :)

So its weird, after spending a day at the beach saying to Tyler, "ready to go home" and actually feeling like wow this is home now.  I do still refer to my "old" home as home but its defiantly starting to finally set in that this is our new home. We got our Hawaii IDs so we are officially locals! and can get "kama'aina" which is the Hawaiian term for local discounts on anything from hopper flights to all sorts of activities and restaurants. 


ALSO, newest update, I GOT A JOB! I am now a bartender at Splashers bar and Grill!  I literally just walked in, talked to the GM and they just happened to need a new bartender and hired me on the spot! I had a working interview, which I passed and now am in training for a couple more days. Splashers is right at the beginning of the strip right across the street from the ocean. Its on the second story and an open air restaurant, so I get to look out at the water all day and see dolphins jumping and whales breaching this winter! So amazing, I had an epiphany yesterday while working that went a little like this.. Oh my god I got exactly the job I was looking for with almost no effort, bar tending in paradise, this isnt work, I love life right now! Everyone I work with is awesome, so making new friends wont be hard at all. 


We went out after I got off work yesterday for Halloween and it felt like home. On Halloween this little town explodes and people know how to party. We went to this bar called Humpys, they had a live band, dancing and costume contests, it was awesome! I had missed dancing in Portland, and im so glad that scene exists here as well, if not just a bit smaller :) 


So just an update on visitors:  We have visitors the beginning and end of January. My parents are coming to visit the 6th of February, as well as Tyler's friend Chris on the same day! He is staying 2 weeks so he can celebrate Tylers 25th birthday with us on the 18th. So please if you are coming to visit us call first before you book your flight! I really hope as many of ours friends and family can make it over here as possible, it really is beautiful and there is A LOT to do. And we have a good amount of space in our place to sleep people, so that is a big cut in cost not having to pay for hotel stay!  
Also we have set up a mailbox to get mail, this is different from our home address since we dont have a mailbox at our apt.  So please please write us!  


74-5540 Kaiwi St.
PMB #390
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740




love you all,
laur

No comments:

Post a Comment