Saturday, December 31, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!

 What a wonderful week it has been! My first Christmas and birthday away from home was not nearly as sad as I thought it would be, it was actually really nice spending lots of quality time with Tyler and skyping with the family. We spent Christmas morning opening all our wonderful gifts our family had sent us, Tyler and I got camelbacks from his mom, I got an underwater video camera from my parents and Tyler got a tool set (finally he can start fixing some stuff around here!) Tyler made me a sign for our house! He actually woodburned it himself and put a little turtle on it to represent Hawaii, everywhere we go we will take it with us and add to it :)  He also got me games so we can have people over for game nights and a really pretty koa wood and ivory necklace :)   So of course I had to get him the most manly and dangerous gift, a spear gun! haha  Its actually a really big sport over here, a lot of our friends do it, you dont even need a license! Just go out in the ocean and catch me some dinner! :)  

After all the gift giving we spent the rest of the day watching christmas movies and drinking eggnog :) 

We also decided to make our first Turkey! As you very well know, we dont have an oven, just our little table top convection/toaster oven. To put it in a nutshell, it was a very funny process and took some mad skills to cook that turkey! I made homemade stuffing (which was literally the best I have ever had, thank you very much) :)  And then we stuffed our little bird, and made mashed potatoes and gravy! One of the bast Christmas dinners ever (ALMOST as good as grandmas!) We have sooo many leftovers though! We boiled the turkey carcass and have enough stock to make turkey soup, my favorite! And Tyler has already made lots of gravy, who knew, he is actually a pretty good cook ;) 


 All in all it was very very nice :) Four days later it was my birthday! Yay I love getting spoiled all week long :) Its like the fun just never stops! haha On the actual day of my birthday Tyler took me out to Huggos ( a really nice place on the water I have been wanting to check out) for pupus and dessert.  The next night we went out on the Body Glove cocktail cruise!  It was very nice, free drinks and appetizers while watching the sunset. We met some pretty cool people on the boat, and had a great time! 
And now its new years eve! We both work tonight, but should be off around ten. Not quite sure what the plan is, a lot of places are having new years eve parties and Im pretty sure the town sets off fireworks over the water, so Im sure we will find something fun to do! 

In other news, two of my best girlfriends Sam and Sarah are coming to visit in 2 days!! AHHH Im so excited you dont even know! Its going to be so nice just to see faces from home!  I took the week off work so we can spend as much time all together as possible! Im hoping our little apartment can comfortably fit us all! I think the three of us girls are going to try and fit in the bed and we will just kick tyler to the couch :) haha We have about 1 plate and 1 glass per person haha  Its going to be tight, but who cares, its going to be great! We plan on cramming a lot of activities in in one week. I think we will rent a car for a couple days to go around the Island. We did buy a second scooter that can hold two people, so the four of us can all scoot around town :)  Tune in next week to hear about all our adventures! 

XOXOX  Laur

No comments:

Post a Comment