Monday, December 19, 2011

Tis The Season..

..To be Jolly?
I have to say I am very thankful to be able to say Im having a Hawaiian Christmas, but i cant lie in also saying I wish we were home for the Holidays. I know how much I can complain about the wet, cold weather of Oregon, but I do miss bundling up and warm hot chocolates and SNOWBOARDING and...mostly spending time with family. But this is just one year out of the many many christmases I will enjoy and im going to make the most of what we do have to celebrate.
So, today was the day we (Tyler) picked up all the christmas gifts our wonderful family sent us! And I have to say, Im still a kid at heart and always will be on Christmas, I CANT WAIT TO OPEN GIFTS! haha its just so exciting :) And our new tree just looks so complete with all the gifts underneath now.
So, in Hawaii I guess you have to be quick to get things, especially on Christmas. Because once they run out, it takes a little while to ship in new merchandise. Our tree for example (from Oregon it said on the tag) was pretty spendy for a LOT TREE (no U-cuts here :(  all the smaller ones were sold out so we had to get a bigger more expensive one and have them cut it down a bit. And I swear we got the last Christmas tree stand on the Island! We went three places and finally I got the last one at Target!  But after all was said and done, it looks great! Tyler managed to set it up by himself (and it wasnt even crooked!) and we decorated it with a wine bottle tree topper and random knick-knacks from around the house :)   We weren't about to spend a fortune on ornaments! But i think its perfect! my first reaction is "oh shoot we dont have enough lights to cover the whole tree, and we HAVE to go get ornaments and a topper for it" But Tyler calmed my irrational and unnecessary stress and made me realize things dont always have to be traditional or "perfect" We made it our own, and in the spirit of Christmas it feels more like "us" than any store bought decorations could have made it.
xoxoxoxo

In other news, we went to our first Hawaiian movie, Sherlock Holmes 2 last night. Really the only difference from going to the movies in Oregon and going in Hawaii is they greet you with Aloha! not Hola!  :) oh, and you get to butter your own popcorn :) thats pretty sweet! 

Also, I know I have talked about the fruit here, but I bought my first avocado the other day and I just HAD to take a picture of it! That thing could feed a small village for a week! Crazy Big! 

This week we are getting a second moped! Going to be very very nice to be able to have a little more independence from each other ;)  Tyler wont have to get up and drive me to work early and I wont have to wait for his ass to get off work to go pick him up! Also, in the budget this month was a Kayak! It was on sale at Sports Authority for 300. Which was actually a lot cheeper than the USED Kayaks we were looking at! Its a great brand and can seat 3 people! We still need to buy one more paddle and hopefully take it out this week! We are banking on being able to cary it across the street and dock it right there in the ocean, hopefully that all works out ;) Keep you posted on the Kayak adventures! But we are definitely going to be bringing it home with us too, take that bad boy out on the Columbia or the Willamette!
our new baby fresh out of the bubble wrap :)

Well its about dinner time, going to see what I can whip up :)  Until next time, Merry Christmas! or should I say Mele Kalikimaka   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment